War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

2 posters

Counterattack, Rage and Furious Charge

shepz101
    shepz101
    Scout
    Scout

Counterattack, Rage and Furious Charge Empty Counterattack, Rage and Furious Charge

Post by shepz101 Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:10 am

I came accross this the other week in a game, and was wondering about the ruling on it.

I'll use khorne beserkers as an example, as they have all the above rules.

An enemy unit charges my berserkers, and I roll for counter attack, and pass the leadership test. Do I also get the Rage bonus, and Furious Charge bonus as well?

The way I read it, I wouldn't get the other bonus's.

Here's the rules copied from the rulebook for ease of reference:

Counter Attack:
    If a unit contains at least one model with this special rule, and that unit is charged, it must immediately take a leadership test. If the test is successful, every model with the Counter-Attack special rule in the unit gets +1 Attack unit the end of the phase.
    If, when charged, the unit was already locked in combat, the Counter-attack rule has no effect

Furious Charge:
    It a turn in which a model with this special rule charges into combat, it adds +1 to its Strength chatacteristic until the end of that phase. A model that has made a disordered charge that turn receives no benifit from Furious Charge.

Rage:
    In a turn in which a model with this special rule charges into combat, it gains +2 attacks for charging, rather then +1. A model that has made a disordered charge that turn receives no benifit from Rage.

The way it's written, you only get the +1S and +2A when you charge, and as Counter-Attack isn't charging, you wouldn't receive it. Is this right?
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Counterattack, Rage and Furious Charge Empty Re: Counterattack, Rage and Furious Charge

Post by Kelmacett Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:17 am

I agree in your assessment. The Counter-Attack rule does not state that the counter-attacking unit is making a charge of any sort therefore the Furious Charge and Rage rules are not able to trigger as both require for the unit to be making a charge action.

p.s Thankfully the rule itself is called Counter-Attack and not Counter-Charge, being called the latter would have been lolz and created doubt.