War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

5 posters

Casting Blessings/Maledictions

Poll

When do you think blessings and maledictions are cast?

[ 3 ]
    Casting Blessings/Maledictions I_vote_lcap75%Casting Blessings/Maledictions I_vote_rcap [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Casting Blessings/Maledictions I_vote_lcap25%Casting Blessings/Maledictions I_vote_rcap [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Casting Blessings/Maledictions I_vote_lcap0%Casting Blessings/Maledictions I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Casting Blessings/Maledictions Empty Casting Blessings/Maledictions

Post by Anarkhia Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:25 pm

So this is a question that came up in one of my games and i'd like to see what the majority of you guys think is the correct way of doing it.

The rules for casting a blessing and maledictions are as follows.

Blessings are manifested at the start of the Psyker's Movement phase

Maledictions are manifested at the start of the Psyker's Movement phase

Now does that rule mean it is cast at the beginning of the movement phase or before you move the psyker?

My belief is that it is cast at the beginning of the movement phase. An example that i know well about is the eldar farseer powers. If you'd hypothetically group fortune and guide into one of the types of spells, they'd probably fall into the blessings category as there are already spells strikingly similar there. Also doom would probably fall under a malediction spell, and in the eldar codex they specifically state that those spells are cast at the beginning of the turn which leads me think that that might be the case for all types of blessings/maledictions.

The only threads i can find about this are these:
    http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/490424.page
    http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=223326.0

If you can find anymore, or any that says the otherwise, please post it here.

Let me know what you guys think on the matter?
    Animus33
    Animus33

Casting Blessings/Maledictions Empty Re: Casting Blessings/Maledictions

Post by Animus33 Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:47 pm

I think the start of the psy movement phase is exactly the same as the whole armys movement phase as in theory eveything would be moving at the same time
    Rakoo
    Rakoo
    Admin

Post by Rakoo Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:50 pm

I think it's start of turn. Other way this should be said more like "blessings are manifested before Psyker moves".

Last edited by Rakoo on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 pm

For now i would say start of turn, however i believe we may be able to use the Space marines gate of infinity as a comparative(not in that its a siimilar power but depending on what it says because that power is used when the psyker moves) (ill check the book when i get home). Could be used as a basis.
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm

Space marine gate of inifinty

This power is used at the beginning of the librarian's movement phase

The telekinesis spells has a spell called Gate of infinity which is identical to the marine one and says as follows.

Gate of ifinity is a blessing that targets the Psyker and his unit.

So both would be treated the same, but i still can not find anywhere online about the order in which it is done
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 am

However saying that GOI is hotly debated too!! http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/405763.page

There are 2 schools of thought here

1) The movement phase is just that and models do not individually activate thus not having their own turn per say.

2) There is the movement phase and each individual unit is activated seperately (like in warmahordes). Because it says psykers movement phase and NOT players movement phase.

So if 1) the librarian/psyker has to use GOI/blessings etc at the beginning of the movement phase before ANY unit moves. If 2), before the psyker moves.

Im not sure TBH which is correct and am inclined to say that both ways meet the rules, however Julians comments on guide ond doom specifically say at the beginning of the phase, so with that i would lean more toward 2) above, because it specifically says before the psykers movement and not the beginning of the turn.

Tough one here and unless someone can convince me otherwise im leaning towards 2 atm.

Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 am

this is a hard one, i can see the points from both sides.

tbh im good with whichever decision we make,
    Rakoo
    Rakoo
    Admin

Post by Rakoo Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:47 am

I was thinking about this a little more and here are some points that are for the version "Before moving the psyker"

1. Rule says before Psyker's movement phase. In rulebook and codexes it is usually said "in the beginning of player's movement phase" whenever you should do something in the very beginning. And so this should mean that before Psyker's movement means before you move model.
    2. Other thing is that you cannot "act" with your model twice per phase. You can't move a bit, move other unit, move a bit again. Yet if you want to use power in the beginning of the phase and than later move the model, you're "breaking" that rule.
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:17 am

Animus33 wrote:I think the start of the psy movement phase is exactly the same as the whole armys movement phase as in theory eveything would be moving at the same time

I personally dont believe this to be true. If we are talking theory, units could be communicating with each other to see what is a strategically beneficial move. I think we should steer clear of theories and hypothesis and maintain to rules, only because it can open discussions which could well be irrelevant.

Weve had quite a few good arguments for and against. I would like to see other people thoughts. (or my little pet Fluffy here on the left will eat you)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:30 am