War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

5 posters

Patrol games rules (up to 750 pts)

Rakoo
    Rakoo
    Admin

Patrol games rules (up to 750 pts) Empty Patrol games rules (up to 750 pts)

Post by Rakoo Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:55 am

As I see that some of you are playing on low points games (up to 750 pts) I wanted to share rules we used to do small tournaments (usually around 600). The idea of rules is not to allow using too powerful units in games, where they might not have any counterpart.

Those are not official rules. Don't use if you don't like.

Rules of Patrol
    • Up to 750 pts
    • Troops is 1-3
    • HQ 0-1
    • All other choices 0-1 (Fast Attack, Elites, Heavy Support)
    • No fortifications
    • No Flyers (including Flying Monstrous Creature)
    • If no HQ - Warlord is the highest Ld model. If many has same Ld, than one with highest points value amongst them. If many - player choice.
    • Max 2 Wounds models
    • In case of any special rules/psychic powers/etc, witch transforms model not fitting Patrol rules, effect is rerolled if possible or simply ignored
    • No special characters
    • No better armor than 3+/4++
    • Max armor value on vehicles is 33 (Front+Rear+Side)
    • No Ordnance weapons
    • Table size: 48/48”
    • Game length: Random
    • No matter the mission played, there are only 3 Objectives on table (normal deployment rules)
    • Allies: max 300 pts, 1 Troop mandatory
    • Allies: FOC: 1-2 Troops, 0-1 from 2 selected slots (HQ, FA, HS, El). Ex: 0-1 HQ, 0-1 Fast and 0 HS, El
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Patrol games rules (up to 750 pts) Empty Re: Patrol games rules (up to 750 pts)

Post by Vangeleon Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:57 am

They look good at some point id be keen for some fun games
    ElvisIsntDead
    ElvisIsntDead
    Marine

Post by ElvisIsntDead Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:08 am

I have always liked the 'patrol rule' games, last time I played them was 4th ED, 40k in 40mins?

A running ladder system could be good for this, the old, you can challenge up to two above you etc

Elvis
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:39 am

They seem cool, but impossible to use tyranids as there are no synapse creatures that fit into any of the criterias
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Use anon synapse list. Arnt warriors synapse?
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Warriors are 3 wounds each. The only synapse with 2 wounds are zoanthropes and they have a 3+ invulnerable. So apart from genestealers, the rest of the army would be screwed with leadership 6 lol

Any tyranid with a gun has to take a leadership test every turn, if not run to the closest piece of terrain and shoot the closest enemy, which would be impossible to control lol.

Would love to give it a try though, can probably fit in a few games in one day
    Rakoo
    Rakoo
    Admin

Post by Rakoo Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:02 pm

I think we can make some special rules for tyranids to make them playable. Like give some 2W models synapse rule.
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:18 pm

It's ok, we don't have to be creating rules. I've got some tyranid list ideas that look fun, even though i might lose horribly haha. Besides, i've still got my eldar which i can build some pretty good lists around those restrictions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:00 am