War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

2 posters

Flyers - Cover & TLOS

Poll

What are your thoughts on the matter

[ 2 ]
    Flyers - Cover & TLOS I_vote_lcap67%Flyers - Cover & TLOS I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Flyers - Cover & TLOS I_vote_lcap0%Flyers - Cover & TLOS I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Flyers - Cover & TLOS I_vote_lcap33%Flyers - Cover & TLOS I_vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 3
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Flyers - Cover & TLOS Empty Flyers - Cover & TLOS

Post by Anarkhia Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 pm

Well it's that moment again where i bring something up and unleash the rage in everyone Razz

I read about a rare case that a flyer gave a unit a cover save, and no where in the rulebook/faq does it state that fliers can't do that.

Then i've noticed that flyers need true line of sight just like any other unit, which seems all right to me at first.

But then consider a flying monstrous creature. Taking that logic and RAW a flying monstrous creature can't shoot at a unit behind a wall that is the same height, or greater, than itself (Note: all the models provided by GW are at ground level except the new hive tyrant). Now that can seem quite dumb sounding, but what's worse is that there is no rule that units behind a flying monstrous creature won't be granted cover saves :/ . The problem with TLOS is that it can't work one way and not the other

Now before anyone thinks that i'm trying to mention this to be advantageous to myself, i would like to adopt a house ruling. I would vote to maintain true line of sight, and any flyers granting cover saves as already written in the rulebook. However flying monstrous creatures are to be "represented" (not necessarily physically) as being "x" inches off the ground (the same height as a flyers base stand)

So what does everyone else think, please vote
    Rakoo
    Rakoo
    Admin

Flyers - Cover & TLOS Empty Re: Flyers - Cover & TLOS

Post by Rakoo Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:59 am

Leave as it is. So LOS from ground and cover.

Wait for 1st officialy released 6th edition Flying Monster Creature and change house rules to reflect changes (if there will be any).

Why? Simple for me. If we agree that model is x inches above table, try to measure from that point range of the weapon when it's on almost full range. Every millimetre counts in such situation and moving model or trying to find that magic point above model that is base end can be controversial.
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:17 am

When measuring range to and from a non vehicle unit you always use the base, so it won't be any different. When shooting against a flyer you could place the tape measure flat along the table, and look from above whether it reaches the hull or not, because in theory they are supposed to be at the same height.
    Rakoo
    Rakoo
    Admin

Post by Rakoo Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:02 am

I don't remember that rule well but isn't the distance measured from flyer (vechicle) gun to the base of FMC? In that case you will have to "drop" weapon point to the ground causing similar situation as described previously.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:13 pm