War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

3 posters

Pre-Heresy Conversions

Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Pre-Heresy Conversions Empty Pre-Heresy Conversions

Post by Kelmacett Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:57 am

I have a company's worth of marines that need converting into Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons. And like a true son of the Crimson King I have travelled the obscure and forbidden paths of the warp and have found the knowledge and tools to help me accomplish this monumental undertaking. Knowledge is power and I willingly share this with you all.

Or

IN ENGLISH:

Here are links to websites which sell pre-heresy conversion bits that will help you make standard heresy marines. Enjoy!

For terminator shoulder pads:
    http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=88

For heads:
    http://www.maxmini.eu/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=60

For jump packs:
    http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=74&category_id=26

For marine shoulder pads:
    http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.browse&category_id=17&vmcchk=1

I will be making an order at some point this month from both sites so if you are interested let me know and we can make a bulk order.

In one of these two sites I think they also mention the possiblity of commision work. That is to say that they may modify shoulder pads to specific markings. So I may be asking for scarab and bruning sun shoulder pads.

Happy Gaming!!
    Cfabre
    Cfabre
    Scout
    Scout

Pre-Heresy Conversions Empty Re: Pre-Heresy Conversions

Post by Cfabre Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:06 am

something i was talking about with one of the managers in a games workshop in england about a week ago, was how the blood angels codex really suits thousand sons pre-heresy (he has a big thousand sons pre heresy army), stuff like the sanguinary priests are like the raptora with the telekine shields and mephiston could represent magnus with his OP-ness( can fly, kill with ease, take alot of punishment)
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:23 am

Nah the codex has aspects that could be used for a thousands sons army. much the same as the space wolves codex has aspects too. but the main problem is when it comes to combat related abilities. Furious charge is in both codexes and it should not be in a thousand sons army. Acute senses and a librarian dreadnought could be in a thousand sons army but not everything else and Ahriman could not be represented with Mephiston. The guys stat is obscene. I mean you could use any codex and then use whatever models you want to count as, which makes it a legit list with rules but its pushing it a little i think. I'm sorely tempted to have a read of the spacemarine, space wolf and blood angels codex and make a separate army list. Butttt! The list would be prone to NAS (new army syndrome) paranoia i.e with accusations of it being overpowered and that the best units have been picked from all codexes. Hmm still i could do a codex for fun. The main problem wouldnt be the rules but points balancing. Points are designed with the army as a whole in mind not a unit by unit basis. So an expensive unit in one codex might be cheaper in another.
    Cfabre
    Cfabre
    Scout
    Scout

Post by Cfabre Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:30 am

yeah the whole mephiston statline/abilities are a bit over the top, but then again, in the chaos codex, (in my opinion at least) Ahriman is extremely underpowered, after reading the thousand sons book, where he basically absorbs the primarchs power and gets the book of magnus as all that. so an over powered statline would suit ahriman
    JcG117
    JcG117
    Scout
    Scout

Post by JcG117 Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:56 am

Maybe a Daemonhunters based pre heresy thousand suns army, I.E. use a squad of grey knights normally, but the justicar is an aspiring sorcerer?
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:21 am

A friend of mine also suggested that. However isnt the deamon hunters book like.... ancient! lol. Shame i dont have all the marines books then i could have a proper read and choose. Though it is increasingly likely that i may have to go along with a standard marine codex list. Neutral
    JcG117
    JcG117
    Scout
    Scout

Post by JcG117 Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 am

Hybrid list?
    Such as a Standard marine list mixed in with some Daemonhunters?
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:11 am

Im actually reading the space wolf list... I think it could be the one. Albeit i could not use any of the wolves per say. All i need is to replace counter attack with a suitable replacement. I was thinking the reverse of counter-attack? Basically counter-attack means that if your unit gets charged it will counts as charging too, so i thought how about "Athanean Whispers : enemy units charging this unit will not count as charging unless they are already engaged".
    JcG117
    JcG117
    Scout
    Scout

Post by JcG117 Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:39 am

I suppose you could do that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:06 am