War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

5 posters

Coming back and better than ever!!

aleximus89
    aleximus89
    Guardsman

Coming back and better than ever!!  Empty Coming back and better than ever!!

Post by aleximus89 Thu May 12, 2011 6:24 pm

you all proberly dont know me since its been over a year that i last came to the club! im alex and i collect space marines, dark angels, most are painted but all are assembled and ive had one league match and won for the finals, which i had to forfeit coz of work related issues. well im back now and im lookin to improve me knowledge of playin again and putting my strategies in to play. im a approachable guy so feel free to chat and tell me all i need to know, i would be grateful Very Happy see you all this saterday! Wink
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Coming back and better than ever!!  Empty Re: Coming back and better than ever!!

Post by Vangeleon Thu May 12, 2011 10:06 pm

welcome back.

just a quick heads up, all the big boys playing hordes/warmachine primarily recently.

40k is on the back foot and has been for a while.

but join the rest of us in warma/hordes and enjoy the times.
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Coming back and better than ever!!  Empty Re: Coming back and better than ever!!

Post by Kelmacett Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 am

Don't listen to the local WarmaHordes Addict - the club is pretty open and you can pretty much organise a game of whatever you want with whoever you want. If you want a 40k Game you can always ask for a quiet guy called Rob, he plays chaos space marines, he's a bit shy and you can hardly tell he's there but he will always give you a game.

Twisted Evil
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Fri May 13, 2011 3:58 am

LOL

^^

that devil sniker aint just for show.
    aleximus89
    aleximus89
    Guardsman

Post by aleximus89 Fri May 13, 2011 4:51 pm

warma/hordes? ive never heard of that before
    :S
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Fri May 13, 2011 10:33 pm

warmachine - http://privateerpress.com/warmachine

hordes - http://privateerpress.com/hordes

enjoy

theres a section of forum dedicated to warma/hordes have a read through
    ElvisIsntDead
    ElvisIsntDead
    Marine

Post by ElvisIsntDead Sat May 14, 2011 10:19 pm

aleximus89 wrote:warma/hordes? ive never heard of that before
    :S

Ha, wish I hadnt, its a game system that is rising in the wargaming ranks, but its just another fantasy esk game, the more i read the less of a fan i become.....

40k is still the main system, its just the aged guys who play it more Very Happy

Ill be 40k'ing it when i get back, also will be getting tournaments etc for the games systems!

By this Xmas i would have been on course for 15 months, the only real 40k ive managed to do so far is build a kick ass campaign system for 2012 Very Happy

With admin agreement, it will be awesome! and simple, so start getting games in for practice

Elvis
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Sat May 14, 2011 11:00 pm

cant understand how u can become less of a fan, its like gaming for big boys, compared to the linear and predictable 40k n fantasy warhammer.

ive played 40k for going on 17 years (with a few idle years between) yet i can tell confidently linear = boring, limited troop choice = boring, limited capacity to preform actions = boring, in 40k when both armies are down u can tell whos gonna win, not so with warma/hordes, the game is more exciting but also more complex which is a bonus tbh.

and no1 can give me the argument, well ur bad at 40k , nope, or that i dont grasp the game, nope.

hell i could argue warma/hordes over GWS stuff all day.
    ElvisIsntDead
    ElvisIsntDead
    Marine

Post by ElvisIsntDead Sun May 15, 2011 9:18 am

I don't think bragging 17 years of w40k then down playing it is a very good idea, doesn't make you look good Very Happy

each to their own mate Razz although I've played 40k consistently for the longest, im sure we have all played other games, they all become stagnant at some point! but i enjoy the 40k fluff as much as the game, warma/hordes doesn't really have that yet.

as to warma/hordes I tried to instigate it at the club under Mk1 before you came, didn't really take hold, its good to have someone like yourself at the club to be interested in it and get the club into it, I wasn't massively taken Very Happy

However my khador may one day make it to the table, but like all new things, they eventually become old things.

Elvis

Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Sun May 15, 2011 9:51 am

hehe look forward to that day (khador)

But yeah i am still a huge fan of the 40k universe, fantasy is quite shit and the newest eddition has cost it alot of avid players (seen by the influx on warma/hordes forums).

However the game becomes linear and thats my issue. No denying its fun, but its like comparing Rugby to Football... one is a challenge of skill and finess and the other is all about giving the ball to the biggest dumbest bloke on the field (who when then prompted with the option of going down the wing, with no blockers or running dead down the middle in hope of getting his arse hugged, takes the man cuddle option everytime)(yes 40k is rugby, warmahordes being the world sport Smile).

However saying that the hordes/warmachine universe is not in depth is quite an understatement. sure they dont have the sheer history of 40k, but their universe unlike 40ks is not stagnent, its constantly evolving, continueing and progressing story lines, new characters being introduced constantly and progression/change on old characters).

Then theres the issue that GWS is money hungry sell outs. That they release armys slower than i grow and replace molars. Against that Privateer press (GWS for warmahordes) releases new models practically every month, and share the love issuing new models for all factions, instead of ignoring some for years *cough cough* necrons, tau *cough cough* or simply stopping production on others *cough cough* chaos dwarfs, squats, *cough cough*

Aditionally PP release seasonal models allowing you to enjoy an old model of yours with a rule varience for a period of time (3-4 months). The system also encourages conversions and reuse of old forgotten or abandonned models.

Hell i could be here all day, wont even go into how clear cut most PP rules are compared to GWS which is played differently depending where u are in the world. with USA, CANADA, UK and AUS all playing by slightly varying rules.

Anyway long speach done and dusted, ur right 40k is fun, but infantil game wise/strategy wise.

HEY most important aspect, most PP models > Most GWS models
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Sun May 15, 2011 10:00 pm

ElvisIsntDead wrote:

each to their own mate Razz

^^ This
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Couldnt agree more. Rolling Eyes
    ElvisIsntDead
    ElvisIsntDead
    Marine

Post by ElvisIsntDead Mon May 16, 2011 6:46 am

roger mate, i like infantil games,

ill leave it here, maybe we can continue when i get over Smile

Elvis
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 pm

ur missing the last bit of that sentence what is it with ppl..

infantil strategy wise, in being linear, but like all said is my oppinion
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Warhammer i dont believe is as linear as u say. Its what u make of it, and how u build lists.

If u continously use the same list without challenging urself and ur own army books then it will become linear. Ill use tau as an example: 2 or 3 broadsides, hammerheads and jump suits is the list i continously see at the clubs. As was said if played enough all systems become old hat.

Granted there are 3 or 4 army books which need updating but even those can be used. For eg, i hear the argument high elves are boring to use. Well if u use lvl4 wizard with book of hoeth all the time of course its going to get boring. How about trying a list with risks rather than a list which is point and click and can guarantee the win. Im sure it will change your outlook.

Anyway each to their own.

P.s. Dorian it may seem that this post is mainly for you. The reason i mention both ur armies is cause it seems you are promoting hordes whilst belittling the other system. Let people play what they want dude.

Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Mon May 16, 2011 9:31 pm

oh.. and saying PP models are better than GW..... hmmm. Can probably call only a handful of models whose sculpts, details even come close to GW new line of models and those are the heavy warbeasts. Jacks, infantry and casters are really in my opinion found wanting in the modelling front.
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Damkat wrote: Let people play what they want dude.

And explain to me when i have stopped ppl, or stopped a game, intervened in a game or kidnap a warhammer player and tied him to a chair and forced him to play warma/hordes.

Sheesh, ppl get to voice their oppinions, slag of others, yet when i take my time to reply to a post made by another against me, then oooh every1 gets their knickers in a twist start shouting foul and running around like a bunch of wounded girls. sheesh

but u know what, end of day care factor 0.
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Mon May 16, 2011 10:01 pm

Vangeleon wrote:
    Damkat wrote: Let people play what they want dude.

And explain to me when i have stopped ppl, or stopped a game, intervened in a game or kidnap a warhammer player and tied him to a chair and forced him to play warma/hordes.

lol. that would e funny!!
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Mon May 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Twisted Evil I know, secret fantasies eh lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 pm