War Bastion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- WARGAMING -

WARBASTION'S LOCATION:

Leisure centre, rear entrance via line wall road. Door No. 4 & 5.

ALL MEMBERS PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY OVER TO::

www.warbastion.com:

And Register

4 posters

Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure

Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure Empty Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure

Post by Vangeleon Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:47 am

An attack Removed from Play my warbeast, and I play pThagrosh, what does this mean?First, since reaving Fury happens on Destroyed, and Remove from Play usually occurs on Boxed, you may not reave. Second, models that had been removed from play may not be returned to play, so you cannot bring them back using pThagrosh’s Feat.

What doesn’t Eyeless Sight Ignore?
    Cover, Elevation, target in melee penalty.
    Note: It ignores Camouflage while the target benefits from Concealment, but not when it benefits from Cover.

What don’t Sprays ignore?
    Elevation.

Can pThagrosh teleport through a channeled Mutagenesis?
    No. The teleport part of the spell only works if Thagrosh was the origin of the spell, that is, if it hadn’t been channeled.

pThagrosh’s Feat, Dark Revival, means my beast can’t do anything on the turn it’s returned?
    That is incorrect. It must forfeit its action, but it still gets to activate, advance, use its Animus, Rile or any other thing that can be done from Forcing or at any time during its activation. It just may not attack or use any action it has.

Absylonia gives Typhon reach by casting Playing God on him, who can he target with his sprays (in melee)?
    Any model within 2” of him he has LoS to. Gunfighter allows you to make ranged attacks against models within your melee range. If the model does not have a melee weapon, Gunfighter grants it a 0.5” melee range. Do note, you must target a model you're engaging if you're engaging any models. Can't center the spray on someone outside the melee. (This is all aside from the normal spraying rules).
    Source here: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...nd-Melee-range

Do Blessed/Arcane Assassin ignore Tenacity/Spiny Growth?
    Blessed and Arcane Assassin ignore defensive animi only when cast by a Warlock.
    This is due to an animus being cast by a Warlock counting as both a spell and an animus. When a Warbeast casts its animus, it does not count as a spell, and is thus not ignored by Blessed and Arcane Assassin.

The Angelius has Armour Piercing, its target has a Shield, or is under Parasite, how do I resolve this?
    First, you halve the base ARM stat of the target, then you add or subtract any bonuses or penalties, such as Parasite or a Shield.

Can a Shredder use Rabid and run in the same activation? How far would it run if it can?
    Yes, a Shredder may both use Rabid and run in the same activation, as you can use Rabid at any time during the activation, and it’s not an animus which you cannot use in the same activation as running.
    Since Rabid adds to the Shredder’s speed and is not +2”, a Rabid Shredder can run 16”.

Most these for legion but almost all i posted deal with abilities other armys field regularly and help understand alot of game mechanics
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure Empty Re: Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure

Post by Vangeleon Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:39 am

Obscure rulings/loop holes

Black Spot + Drag -> Infinite Loop
    •An Infernal ruled that additional attacks granted by Black Spot must be the same as your initial attack. Infernal ruling
    •This means that Blackspot + Drag could theoretically cause an infinite number of attacks. (Good luck doing it in practice though)
    1.Fire harpoon, damage and get drag from harpoon.
    2.Move enemy model and get melee attack from drag.
    3.Kill the enemy and get Black Spot attack from melee attack.
    4.Fire harpoon from Black spot, damage and get drag from harpoon.
    5.Move enemy model and get melee attack from drag.
    6.Kill the enemy and get Black Spot attack again from melee attack.
    You'd think that the spell rules would prevent this step, but if you check it says "Attacks gained from Black Spot attacks can not cause additional attacks from Black spot." But you just killed the enemy model with a drag + melee attack, not a black spot + ranged attack.
    7.Rinse, repeat, ad finitum.

Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure Empty Re: Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:46 am

I know its an infernal rulling - But.....

Regarding Harpoon: I thought the model could only do their the basic attacks, this means that he would use his one attack that he is entitled to and that is it. Black Spot gives an additional shooting attack but not melee attacks.

This ruling is taking the rules as read completely hence the loop.

But if memory serves the drag rule does not clarify what melee attacks the model makes i think it said something like "makes a melee attack", this does not actually clearly state that it makes it normal melee attack but just a melee attack. Now when we discussed this first time (si te acuerdas) i thought the rules (as read) implied that it was a melee attack out of turn and not his actual melee attack which is why it Drag says that he can "then" make his normal attack. (Or words to that effect - I admit that I may be misqouting from memory)

You then clarified that he makes his normal melee attack and the wording of the rules is meant for models which have multiple attacks (beasts, jacks or mulitple cc weapons). Which seems to make sense.

Therefore I think that the same would apply to the above Black Spot example. The model can shoot, drag, melee attack, kill and then shoot, drag, melee attack and kill etc.. but the number of melee attacks should be limited to the number of melee attacks the model can make during its activation - period - not gain free extra attacks.

In theory Black Spot on an Skorne Acuarii would provide no benefit as the model would shoot-drag-melee attack and then shoot-drag-Not attack (none left).

But on a beast/jack it could because they could have multiple cc weapons or spend focus/fury for more melee attacks.

The only way the model gains free attacks is if Harpoon actually awards an additional free attack - which supposedly it doesnt.

So tell me Cryxy does a successful harpoon shot grant you a free attack or is it only your normal melee attacks?

(sorry but when it was the Skorne Acuarii checking the rules they get a negatory but when its a Cryx tactic they get the possibility of infinite attacks). ^_^

I await enlightnement. Razz

Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 am

Btw only winding you up as the rules clarifications you are posting do help alot. Cheers Very Happy
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:20 am

I found enlightenment!!!

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?12765-Drag-Black-Spot/page2

Drag grants you a free attack!

So that clarifies my doubts and buffs back up the Acuarii!

However this also means that the above tactic works. Which i think is more possible than you give it credit for.

Debuffs will help you to hit the models, you can use focus to boost for the harder targets and will probably kill them if not use a buff damage spell.

I think that infinite attacks is highly unlikely however walking close to a heavy infantry unit you will be able to comfortably shoot-drag-attack and kill multiple models possibly a hole unit. Especially if the heavy infantry isnt strong in the DEF department.

Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:28 am

Twisted Evil

Will try this out some time muahaha
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:39 am

Really useful for killing a brick formation - then once you have opened the way charging something else in there to get to the juicy target the brick was protecting.

Twisted Evil

(bleach bounto/aizen soundtrack singing "Evil" springs to mind). lol
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:41 am

Lets not forget the repear has sustained attack so if you dont kill the target with the first free attack the second normal attack will auto hit.
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:48 am

OMG Acuarii tactic:

V formation unit. Warrior at the bottom of the V makes the shot which is CRA from the rest of the unit. Shoot and drags towards him passes through the melee range of each other warrior in the V formation getting a free strike on the target and then (if it survives) wham two more hits.

All weapon master attacks.

Is it situational? Ofcourse! Will frigging hurt!? YA VE!

Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:01 am

Can u do free strikes on drag?
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:03 am

We are so gonna have to check this si no - no vea lol.

Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 am

Yeah i have unit with drag also and 2 jacks also. much nomomon for me then
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Sun May 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Guys,

Just to clarify the above tactic (Drag+Free Strike) doesnt work.

In order to be able to Free Strike an enemy model, the model needs to make an intentional move, any moves that are not intentional like a drag, push, throw, slam etc... will not award you a free strike.

Oh and on a frequently discussed topic check this out:

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?61057-Most-Brokenest-Caster-Lock

Just saying Very Happy
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Mon May 02, 2011 2:37 am

And what exactly are u saying, have u read that thread, ppl cant make their mind up at all, all players have their own broken metas based purely on army vs army basis. ppl mention cryx sure, they also mention alot other including every1s fav molik karn. and theres a ton of ppl who reckon its not broken at all. meaning purely useless thread with nothing standing out above anything else.
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Mon May 02, 2011 10:04 am

all things being equal even if u r right just count the number of times a warcaster is mentioned vs a warlock - enough said. Laughing
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Sun May 08, 2011 9:42 pm

we had a little discussion on whether a steady model would forfeit an/action/movement for being knocked down etc.

i found the threrad i was refering to here.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?42598-FAQ-Circle-Orboros

under the section : What happens if I throw or slam a model that cannot be knocked down (i.e, is Steady) during my own turn to get more distance/shenanigans?

also find in legion faq: waht does eyeless sight ignmore?

quote:

'What doesn’t Eyeless Sight Ignore?
    Note: It ignores Camouflage while the target benefits from Concealment, but not when it benefits from Cover.'

Its doesnt say ignores los to those beyond clouds.
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Wed May 11, 2011 11:19 am

disagree with you there. Rules as read for eyeless sight and cloud effects and it says e.sight says ignore cloud effects the cloud template on the board itself is a cloud effect therefore you ignore it.
    Damkat
    Damkat
    Admin

Post by Damkat Wed May 11, 2011 7:24 pm

ok, but the legion FAQ itself states:

'What doesn’t Eyeless Sight Ignore?
    Note: It ignores Camouflage while the target benefits from Concealment, but not when it benefits from Cover.'
    Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Wed May 11, 2011 8:36 pm

the faq is telling u the modifiers -i.e. clarifying - that e.sight ignores and is not replacing the written rules. It is not saying that it ignores cloud effects because this stated in the first sentence of the rule and is not a modifier to apply. E.g. A pestilent breath stays for one round, has its specific effects, like corrosion, but the template itself is a cloud effect though and e.sight ignores these. Sorry dude these buggers ignore clouds.
    Anarkhia
    Anarkhia
    Admin

Post by Anarkhia Wed May 11, 2011 8:44 pm

No getting out of it

Interesting Rules you may not Know or figure SmilingCat

Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Wed May 11, 2011 9:18 pm

julian u r playing me tonight as damien has chickened out and can't make it - Dorian will give u a game after too. So prep two lists Wink
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Wed May 11, 2011 10:36 pm

i can always play dan next if julian dont wanna play 2. Smile
    Vangeleon
    Vangeleon

Post by Vangeleon Sat May 14, 2011 9:54 am

Kelmacett
    Kelmacett
    Admin

Post by Kelmacett Sat May 14, 2011 6:40 pm

infernal confirmation given.

"Line of Sight works like this:

The starting point has to come from any point on the attacking model's volume, front arc or back arc have no bearing on where the start of the Line of Sight comes from, just that it comes from the attacking model's volume.

The end point of the Line of Sight has to connect to the target model's volume and the end point also has to be in the attacking model's front arc. "

I think people got confused regarding LOS with being able to make a charge as you can only make a charge to models in your front arc that are in LOS.

I.e both conditions have to be met. But if you are not making a charge and need only LOS then front or back arc dont matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:38 am